Friday, September 12, 2008

SOLD!


We just SOLD our townhome! We listed it less than two weeks ago and we are under contract to have it sold and final on Oct. 10! I can't believe that we are leaving our first real home! Marty and I have loved this place. We've been blessed with an awesome ward and amazing neighbors. We've lived here almost our entire married life and we are going to miss it.


So where are we going,...you might ask?! Well,..we currently have a bid on a short sale in Syracuse. (Sorry Paige....Syracuse, UT not New York) It is a beautiful home with everything we could possibly ask for. We will find out within the next two weeks if the bank accepts our offer!
We decided to make the "scary" move because the market has finally moved into our favor. Our townhomes, after many years of little value appreciation, are now worth much more giving us equity. AND....right now it is a buyers market! So many houses for sale are competing against one another making homes more affordable.
If the Syracuse home falls through,...we will take it in stride and have a lot of fun finding our new home! It's so exciting.....


4 comments:

Hillary said...

Congrats on the sale! What a blessing! And to have it on the market for so short a time-- I only wish we will have similar success next Spring! Looks like you and Lora had a blast as well.

Anonymous said...

That's AWESOME! I'm so happy for you guys!! Hey if that house falls through in syracuse there are lots of house for sale in my neighborhood! :)

loveourboys said...

Are ya sure you wouldn't want to come live by me and Nicole, I WOULD LOVE IT!! Well Syracuse is still close :) Becky had a baby boy today! can you believe how grown up we are now? I saw Nicole on Friday, it's good everyone is feeling better! Love ya-Stacey

Jeff said...

Any updates on the Move and the Sale? I hope everything went as planned.